Should I try to remove epoxy from door cut lines prior to fiberglass sheathing

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Should I try to remove epoxy from door cut lines prior to fiberglass sheathing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    MIKEinMT
    Participant

Some of the door cut lines on my build are completely filled with epoxy (I’m on page 122).  Should I attempt to remove these (maybe with a Dremel tool)…or leave them be and cut when cutting out doors.  I’m not sure whether epoxy in these lines will cause the saw blade to drift when cutting out doors. On the other hand, trying to remove these epoxy fills might be hard to do without impacting precision of line marks.

thanks in advance.

faithie999
    Participant

I had the same situation and had no problems cutting out the doors.

MIKEinMT
    Participant

thanks…that was my intuition…but glad to hear you didn’t have any issues when cutting the doors.

Dan
    Participant

I also had no issues cutting through the epoxy. Most of my lines were filled with epoxy because I backed them with tape before doing the exterior fiberglass job. I didn’t want runs inside.

I had other issues when it came to cutting the rounded door corners. I think the bansai saw I got wasn’t very good…  too few teeth per inch meant the cut was too aggressive and I had a hard time following the curve.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by Dan.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.