quarter panels and how they are attatched. need clarification.

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum quarter panels and how they are attatched. need clarification.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Youngjedi
    Participant

Hi All,

I am installing the quarter panels on the back.   I have the lid lip taped off.  I see that the panel gets stitched to the side panel…no issue there.  Also,  it gets glued with thickened epoxy on the side and on the area that is on the underside of the galley flat.   My Question…Does the bottom of the quarter panel lay on the galley flat?  or on the blue tape of the hatch lip?  does anyone have a close up picture?   thanks,  Charlie

Daniel
    Participant

The quarter panels lay on the galley flat, they shouldn’t be stitched/glued to the hatch.

Youngjedi
    Participant

Thanks everyone.    That helps.  Unfortunately,  i will have to make new quarter panels.   The sides are too far apart (1/4 inch on each side) and since the filet on the galley flat is dry…cannot be pulled in.  There is a 1/2 inch gap on each corner of the quarter panel where it meets the side near the galley flat.  Oddly enoupgh,  2 panels were damaged in shipping and I can make them there.

keaner21
    Participant

You can fill gaps with epoxy. Tape the backside of it with painters tape, fill gap with epoxy and cover with fiberglass tape. Works like a charm.

Youngjedi
    Participant

Thanks Keaner21.    I thought of that,  but the gap was about 1/4 on one side and 1/2 on the other for the first 5-6 inches off the galley flat.  I wanted cleaner corners.  I cut and shaped 2 perfect replacement where there is no gap.

AimIndy
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>So continuing with the answer about the quarter panels sitting on top of the galley flat … if it hangs over the GF do you cut/shave it off to have it fit on top of the GF?</p>

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.