Pictures of how you heat/cool the teardrop

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Pictures of how you heat/cool the teardrop

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    johnny_swindle
    Participant

Still in the early planning stages and would like to see what others have done as far as heating/cooling.

Johnny

patfly
    Participant

I have the mushroom vents and vent fan from CLC. I also installed a 12 volt small fan which is mounted in the cabin on the galley wall . For heat I have a 110v small space heater ($20 type) that will overheat the teardrop in about 3 minutes.

No insulation on the floor . If I need either AC or serious heating and insulation, I have made a serious error in planning ; -)

johnny_swindle
    Participant

Patfly,

Thank you for your input.  Most of my camping will be in the south (in live in Louisiana) and it get oppressively hot and humid 95% of the time.  The only time it pleasant is this time of year.  So I think I will need at least AC.  After I posted my initial inquiry, I located this:

http://www.climaterightair.com/applications/rv-trailer-air-conditioning-and-heating/climateright-5000-btu-a-c-heater.html

It might be something I may need to consider.

patfly
    Participant

Johnny, that looks like quite an elegant solution .  And is seems reasonable for the South .

My shakedown trip was 2 weeks on Galveston Island. However it was October and the weather was in the 80’s even at night. So I  can see the need for more than a fan or two at other times. The teardrop is really airtight, cooling might be an issue .

Enjoy your building and planning.

Pat

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.