Hinges and Hasps

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    wudboatVT
    Participant

Hi folks,

While I think the camper kit is pretty fantastic, I think the included hardware (hasps, hinges, etc) feels like an afterthought. In particular, the hinges and hasps on the ICC look very basic home depot stuff. The hasp latch on the galley looks very out of place.

If you’ve used something different in any of these areas I’d love to see some pictures. In particular, any possible “upgrades” for the hatch hardware would be appreciated.

John

mpilone
    Participant

There’s some good discussion on this topic, including pictures of how I swapped out the hasp: http://teardropforum.com/forums/topic/galley-hatch-locks/

-mike

wudboatVT
    Participant

Thanks, Mike. I saw those posts. Some good examples in there. Wondering if other builders have experience since then with other options.

glcmranger
    Participant

Galley:  I followed the above post idea… I have two (not one) locking handles on the galley lid.

Question:  Has anyone figured out a hinge that is a hidden type for the side doors of the UCC?

wudboatVT
    Participant

@glcmranger you wouldn’t happen to have a link to the product you used? Are you building the cargo carrier too?

glcmranger
    Participant

Here’s the part # for the T Handles: 92-21-532, T- & L-Handle Style Cam Latches, Southco.

Just google to find a distributor.  I can’t find the company I ordered through,,,,, Amazon has it listed but you get the “don’t know when this item is back in stock” message.

Good Luck!

western_flyer
    Participant

western_flyer
    Participant

Don’t remember where I got these marine wasps – maybe Amazon. Took a little heat and bending to get them to conform to the galley. They work well. I’m happy with them.

They’re secured with LW combination locks. With keys for the cabin doors, tongue box, receiver pin and bike rack I said “enough keys to look after”.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.