Fitting the bottom is a b$#&h for me.

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Fitting the bottom is a b$#&h for me.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Youngjedi
    Participant

Hello,

it is like the shell is 1/2 inch out of square.  I have done some trimming to get it close.    Is there a way to “loosen” the mold to let the cabin fit better???    Any better ideas?   I don’t want to get the bottom on and then find out that the bottom got the shell out of square.

anyone have issues with bottom?

thanks, Charlie

Cabreraw
    Participant

I didn’t measure but I removed a little from the front left cabin floor to install it with a planer and rasp. Could’ve been 1/4-3/8”. I’ve read somewhere that 1/2” is still pretty accurate for a build this big. I’m still building mine, I hope someone with more experience comments for you 👍.

Cabreraw
    Participant

Also, needed to remove some of the fillet where the bulkhead meets the cabin walls because the floor has notches where it fits and the fillets stopped the cabin floor from being flush with cabin walls

Youngjedi
    Participant

Thanks all,

since the alignment is pretty much set be the bulkhead and where it fits into the groove in the floor.  I was able to fit the rest of the sides in.   I will have to shim a small area,  but it would never bee seen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.