Finished in Minnesota

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    daws1954
    Participant

I ordered my teardrop in May 2016, and after a few starts and stops, I finally finished it! Thanks to everyone who contributed to the builders’ forum. Your questions and advice were invaluable. I’ll put a few pics in the gallery (if I can figure out how to do it)…thanks again. Hopefully we’ll see you on the road.

szerby
    Participant

Hello fellow Minnesotan!

I’m just wrapping mine up in Excelsior. Where are you?

Nutshell

Boardwalk
    Participant

I will be wrapping mine up in the Spring.  I am in Andover, MN and traveled to Annapolis to build mine at the TD class.  We are opening a DIY studio and I needed to postpone the finishing until 2018.  I wonder how many Minnesotans we have out there.

daws1954
    Participant

I’m in Prior Lake. Trying to post some pictures, just can’t get it to work. Anyone out there have a suggestion for this techno-idiot?

daws1954
    Participant

daws1954
    Participant

daws1954
    Participant

Tried to keep the interior clean

daws1954
    Participant

daws1954
    Participant

Sorry for the multiple posts. Couldn’t figure out how to post multiple pictures…

I used the Northern trailer, had it powder-coated, and upgraded the wheels, tires, and fenders. Tried to keep the interior clean. Hoping to get the maiden voyage in before the snow flies….

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

Daws, Your camper looks great! for future reference to add multiple images to the same post you have to do it one at a time and hit return/enter after each image adding the next one on a new line. Otherwise it overwrites the previous image with the new one.

May I ask what you used to coat the galley flat and cabin shelf with?

DakotaDirk
    Participant

daws1954, great looking trailer! What size wheels did you upgrade to? I also have the Northern trailer, have not assembled yet but planed to install different tires and rims. I’m in the Stillwater area, been working off and on since spring. think winter will be my friend time wise. I will heat my shop so I can near completion before spring.

szerby
    Participant

Nice job!  The headliner looks great – what radius did you round it off to?  Interesting with the lamps inside – I assume they are 12v?

daws1954
    Participant

Thanks for the positive comments. For the headliner I used a 3/8 radius and used 3M  77 to mount it. Don’t know why anyone would use contact cement… My electrical system is all 12v, but I did put a 110 outlet inside and one in the galley.  The wheels on the trailer are still 12″, I just upgraded to a high speed radial tire and the nice looking aluminum wheels. The only other suggestion on the Northern trailer is to repack the original bearings. Probably wouldn’t have to, but you never know… The galley flat and shelf are covered with a rubber floor runner I found at Menards. It’s about an 1/8 inch thick and comes in a 30″ width. Just suggest you make a cardboard pattern first.

Boardwalk
    Participant

Awesome job.

• Any chance you can share how you wired everything up?
    • What SKU was the Menards runner (if you have it)

Maybe we’ll have to do a ‘get together’ to get all the TDs in one place.

daws1954
    Participant

Boardwalk, I’m just heading back to Minnesota after a great trip to Iceland. I’ll post some pictures of the electrical system and a description when I get back. I’ll check on the SKU as well…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.