Finished in Minnesota

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    szerby
    Participant

Daws1954 and Boardwalk – Spring is here and is staying (i think 😉 ) –

I’m working on adding the roof rack now, and then the headliner will be next.  Daws1954 – did you use a router table for the radius work?  I don’t have one, but I think I will need on to do this work well.

daws1954
    Participant

Szerb, I didn’t use a router table, just a small hand router with a roundoff bit. I’ve just about finished a storage box of my own design for the front of the trailer since the CLC box is a little big for the Northern trailer….I’ll post some pictures when I’m done with it.

GrommetShip
    Participant

Hello all,

My husband and I are right on the edge of purchasing the CLC teardrop kit, but were hoping we could see one completed in person. Is anyone near St Paul who could let us come and explore your completed masterpiece for a few minutes?

Thanks!

Megan and Justin

PaulBunyan
    Participant

Greetings,

Like Megan and Justin, very close to making the purchase, also live in Saint Paul and also hoping to see one in MN if possible. Regardless, my plan is to purchase upon my return home near the end of the month to get started in August.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated!

-Cody

DakotaDirk
    Participant

I’m by Lake Emo / Woodbury area. I have one about 1/2 done if that helps. It has been modified some from the original kit.

Dirk

szerby
    Participant

I am in Excelsior and just finishing a 2500 mile western road trip.   Happy to show you our little Nutshell

Macsail
    Participant

I am in Bloomington and about done with mine. A couple more coats of varnish, hang the doors, run the wiring and install the headliner are the remaining jobs. Welcome to take a look.

PaulBunyan
    Participant

Hey all, thanks for being so welcoming. Sorry for the late reply. I’m still out of town And will be tied up with work. We’d love to see any of your projects if someone is available June 27 or 28. You can email me directly at thompsoncody99@gmail.com if that works better for you. Thanks Again!

DakotaDirk
    Participant

Were you able to view some trailers?

I will be around the Homestead July 4th and 5th in the later afternoon if you want to view. Near Woodbury..

PaulBunyan
    Participant

No, unfortunately the timing did not work out. BUT, did make the kit purchase last night regardless. Headed off to Ireland tomorrow, so maybe we can work something out later July or into August…thanks for reaching out!

GrommetShip
    Participant

Thanks for the great responses everyone! We would be interested in seeing all of these in their different stages with a special interest in getting szerby’s take because of the trip yours has been through.

Between DakotaDirk, Macsail, and szerby is anyone open this Saturday by chance?

Megan & Justin

DakotaDirk
    Participant

Sorry was out of town…
    Gone may weekends, week nights currently best.

Give a call if you want to come out, 763 three five zero 5263.

Dakota Dirk

madams
    Participant

Hello everyone,

Like others on this thread my wife and I are considering buying a kit and would like to see a finished one before taking the plunge. We live near Elk River northwest of Minneapolis. Would really appreciate an opportunity to look at a finished teardrop if anyone is willing.

We’re recent empty nesters and looking for a fun project to do together.

Kind Regards,

Matt and Michele

HifromMN
    Participant

Hey all,

I’m about 1/4 way through building a CLC teardrop with my old man.  We are in Stillwater, MN and would love to come check out someones build! Anyone willing to share some of their expertise and experiences with a couple of local boys?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by HifromMN.
    PaulBunyan
    Participant

Greetings,

I won’t be able to show you ours in person. It’s in storage in WI while I live in South Korea. I did do some documentation on a blog (link below) but it was more random pictures and generic tasks, not actual tips for a builder. It’s been a while since I worked on the trailer but definitely take your time with the doors…mine still leak and don’t know how to fix and it takes some of the fun out of using. Imperfections stick around a little differently with this build than a stick model where you could replace pieces easier. I’d say our end product is on the lower end of finish quality but still looks really good overall just due to the wood and shaping etc. Anything I could help with remotely?

Kind Regards!

https://kellycodyteardrop.blogspot.com/?m=1

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.