5×8 Trailer Questions

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by friz.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    ultros
    Participant

Hello,

I’m trying to research trailers for the CLC Teardrop and I’m curious if anyone has experience with 5×8 trailers.  I’ve found this Northern Tool trailer: http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200660344_200660344  Which looks like it might be better than the Harbor Freight 4×8 trailer. I still have some questions though, specifically:

• Does the teardrop fit between the fenders?
    • How does the door align with the wheels/fenders?
    • How high off the ground is the back kitchen area ledge with this trailer?
    • Like the HF trailer, it says its max speed is 45 mph, is this them just covering their butts?

I’m very interested in anyone’s insights, thanks!

Boardwalk
    Participant

Does the teardrop fit between the fenders?

TDC measures about 66″ across (per the manual)
    How does the door align with the wheels/fenders?

You can mount the shell to the trailer wherever it makes the most sense.  I would think that you would position the shell a little more forward than a 4×8.
    How high off the ground is the back kitchen area ledge with this trailer?

Since the Northern Tool website doesn’t list the height of the bed, I am going to go by some of the other posts on this forum.  12″ tires means approx that the base of the galley is about 42″ high.  See post #579
    Like the HF trailer, it says its max speed is 45 mph, is this them just covering their butts?

I noticed this too.  When I talked to the salesman at Northern Tool – he said that these tires are rated for 75MPH.  I told him about the rating on the website and they reconfirmed the 75MPH.  I didn’t ask for documentation.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 1 month ago by Boardwalk.
    ultros
    Participant

I did notice that the width is about 66′ at the widest spot on the official line drawing.  It does look like it tapers in near the bottom which is why I was wondering if it would fit between the fenders of a 5×8.  It seems like some other owners have used the trailer so I was just trying to be extra sure.

The NT trailer says it’s deck is 24.02″ off the ground, so maybe a better question for comparison purposes would be to ask how high is the galley from the bottom of the teardrop body?

Thanks again!

friz
    Participant

I just posted some pictures of of my installation on this trailer here.

http://teardropforum.com/forums/topic/northern-tool-5×8-aluminium-trailer-mods/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.