wheel spacers for the northern tools trailer with 15" wheels

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum wheel spacers for the northern tools trailer with 15" wheels

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    faithie999
    Participant

I have the northern tools 5×8 trailers and I just received the 15″ wheels/tires that I ordered elsewhere.  I expected the fenders to interfere with the larger tires, but I was disappointed to find that the sidewall interferes with the heads of the bolts that hold the leaf springs in the spring holder.

a friend suggested I purchase a set of spacers (off-roaders use them when they install huge tires) to move the wheel an inch or so outboard.

http://www.ezaccessory.com/Wheel_Adapter_5_Lug_4_5_To_5_Lug_4_5_p/5450-5450F.htm?gclid=CIfb76ja49MCFciNswodvtgE_g&ppcsclkid=MPpGHEXU5JNE&ppcstrkid=2108414463&ppcsu=xhg7f5djq999gnahcr

my only concern about this approach is possible negative effect on the bearings due to the wheels being 1″ further outboard than designed.  I purchased a set of “high-speed hubs” from NT and they are rated for 1250 lb/side.

the only other idea I have is to have a welding shop add 2″ to the center of the axle.

any ideas/advice?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.