Water in the Galley

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    smithn00
    Participant

Has anyone added a water tank/jug to their camper?

comccoy
    Participant

I’ve kicked the idea around a few times. Maybe be a 5 or 10 gallon that mounts under the camper. I’ve not run across the perfect solution yet. And I need to get the electronics done first 😛

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Yes, added a 40 ltr tank under the camper just aft of the axil. Fitted a 3litre/min marine water pump, sink and tap. Added a t junction off the sink tap for the shower to plug into.

Fill point is in he galley RH, sink and tap in the galley LH

Drains into a portable 40ltr grey water tank I got from the local RV store.. This was a regional requirement to get certified (self contained), In Newzealand we need this certification to use most free camping spots.

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Another couple of thoughts that may help if you go down this road.

run the wiring in the galley down threw a riser pvc tube, this has several benefits.

prevents water, should a leak occur, from entering the cabin,

But make sure the riser is

A .. not so tall that any flooding will reach any of the electronics

B…. tall enough that water can drain out the back of the galley.

Havent had any issues YET but have a large lithium battery in there so fear of turning my camper into a massive Roman candle has required some carefull planning.

smithn00
    Participant

Could you describe the “riser”.  I can’t picture it in my mind.  From where to where.

Thanks

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

The picture is of the gap between the galley and R/H side of camper. It’s probably not even necessary, just a precaution.

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

here is a 3D cross section to help illustrate psgramps idea

CLC Electrical Riser

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Thanks Adam,

Thats very well done, way better picture.

apkley
    Participant

psgramps, thanks for the posts on the sink/water.  I have just finished my electrical wiring, and will definitely add a PVC riser for the reasons you stated (too busy having fun to consider water in the galley 🙂

We are still undecided on the addition of a sink.  We were able to salvage a sink from an old travel trailer and are considering installation.  It has a handpump, so it would not be as complex as your setup.

Would you mind posting some pictures of the guts of your system?  Specifically, some interior shots of the tubing underneath, how you mounted the blue and runs into the gray water tanks, and how the fill system works.  I’d like to get an appreciation for the complexity.

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Happy to.Water fill. Sourced.marine shop

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Happy to.Water fill. Sourced.marine shop

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

psgramps@gmail.com
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.