Trailex SUT-1000-CLC Dimensions

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Trailex SUT-1000-CLC Dimensions

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kbenton
    Participant

Does anyone have handy a more complete list of the dimensions of the CLC-specific Trailex trailer? They specify the width and the *total* length, but I’m doing some design work, and I’d love to have access to things like the length of the square section, the triangular section, the spacing of the cross-members, as well as the dimensions of the aluminum extrusions, if at all possible.

If this information exists online, I haven’t found it yet. Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

-K

toolnut53
    Participant

Assembly instructions for the SUT-1000-CLC are available, gratis, in .pdf format, from trailex.com. Click on “Resources”, then the model number. No dimensions, but the photos may be helpful in your design work, as well as interpreting the dimensions below:

• Frame extrusions are 1.25″ x 4″
    • Tongue extrusion is 2.5″ x 4″
    • Triangle is 30.75″ high from front surface of front cross member to forward edge of end of triangle side piece (nearest the tongue). The triangle base is the same width (58.5″) as the width of the “square” (rectangle, actually)
    • The tongue is 44.5″ from the forward edge of end of triangle side piece to the front tip of the coupler
    • The side pieces are 68″ long, outside surfaces 58.5″ apart
    • The cross members are 21.5″ apart, center to center. The front surface of the front cross member is 2″ to the rear of the front of the side pieces

P.S. I used marine grade, heat shrink, adhesive lined, crimp connectors on all wiring harness connections. For the side marker lights, I skipped the corrosion prone Scotchlock connectors and ran 18 gauge (marine grade) primary wire from the side marker lights to the rear of the side rails, connecting the other two running light wires (harness and taillight) using heat shrink, adhesive lined, cap crimp connectors. Black plastic, 1″ square tubing caps neatly finished the two square openings at the rear of each side rail, and kept the wiring harness securely inside.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.