Sourcing a Trailer in Canada

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Sourcing a Trailer in Canada

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jgrayston
    Participant

Hey! Just got my scratch build plans and manuals up here in Canada. Trying to source a trailer… or build one…

Finished bottom of the teardrop is 60″ by 80″? Looking to confirm those dimensions. After looking at the kits offered by Northern Tools I’m wondering if I can just build my own by buying the stock aluminum.

Excited to start my build!

Jason Grayston

faithie999
    Participant

I believe the width of the bottom of the shell is 60″.  the length, measured from corner to corner, is 76″.  the front protrudes another 6″ in the center.

I’m sure you could find a source of aluminum channel and construct your own frame.  you of course would need an axle and leaf springs from a 5X8 or 5X10 trailer. if you end up buying a used axle, I would replace the hub assemblies.  northern tools sells hubs for various-sized axle spindles for a decent price.  15″ wheel/trailer tire combos including shipping can be had for around $80US. I replaced the 12″ wheel/tires that came with the trailer with 15’s.

before I found the northern tools trailer, I had planned on visiting all the boatyards in my area to see if I could find a used boat trailer that would accommodate the mounting dimensions that are specified in the manual.  if I had gone that route I would have made sure that the used trailer would have accommodated 15″ wheels.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.