Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    rsbrownmd
    Participant

Has anyone had experience adding a side tent to the teardrop camper?

glcmranger
    Participant

First off, I installed the ARB awning to the Thule Roof Rack Load bars — Works great!

Then when I set up camp, I deploy my CLAM tent and put up the privacy screens on the street side…. that way, the tent is my changing room.  I also have a dog — so I put up a pet fence so my dog can go in/out of the Teardrop and tent.

I hope this helps…

rsbrownmd
    Participant

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any pictures of your set up?

glcmranger
    Participant

I won’t until I go on a trip to the Everglades in mid-February…. I’ll post then.  I also bought a Toilet seat bucket for those middle of the night “gotta go” scenarios.  Just put a liner in it with kitty litter.

rsbrownmd
    Participant

Thanks. I’ll look forward to the pictures. Where did you get the toilet bucket?

glcmranger
    Participant

rsbrownmd:  I got my toilet bucket on Amazon — item is titled: Reliance Control Corporation Luggable Loo Portable 5 Gallon Toilet.  I also decorated it in camoflage shelf liner to jazz it up a bit.

rsbrownmd
    Participant

Thanks. Found it on Amazon.

wudboatVT
    Participant

Hi folks,

I’m about to pull the trigger on purchasing kit. Does anyone have more pictures of awnings or side tents mounted to the top of the camper. I’ve seen a few around this forum and other places online but not a ton.

Wondering how high up one could get an awning. We’re a tall family!

All the best from Chicago,

John

western_flyer
    Participant

Not sure what you are calling an awning but I put a pair of Japanese style noren awnings over the doors. They are meant to give a bit of rain protection to get a raincoat and shoes off before entering and exiting the cabin. I’m 6’2″ and set the frame just a bit higher than that. I also made a 10×12 ramada out of 80% black shade mesh. It has adjustable poles that go from 5 1/2 ft to almost 8 ft. The idea is to be able to tilt  it for the best shade and eventually to attach a portable solar panel. I don’t have a picture of the ramada yet. noren

rsbrownmd
    Participant

To western flyer—how did you attach those awnings to your camper?

To glcmranger—once you get set up in the Everglades, please send me pictures. Thanks.

western_flyer
    Participant

I used Flex Rail (keder track) and keder rope purchased from Sailrite online.  It’s worked very well. If you decided to use it I would be happy to detail how I installed it – it’s not hard.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.