sanding/dressing the galley hatch and door openings

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum sanding/dressing the galley hatch and door openings

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    faithie999
    Participant

for friz, or someone else that is this far along.

I used a Dremel Ultra-saw to cut the openings.  it has a very narrow-kerf blade, and I hit the centerline of the CNC guide “ovals”.  I know I don’t want much of a gap, but I’m wondering if I should sand the doors/galley hatch and the openings in the shell back to the edges of the CNC “ovals”, or just a light sanding to dress up the edges?

thanks

ken

jctownsley
    Participant

CLC recommended via email to sand back to edges of the “ovals” when I asked the same question. I was hesitant to do so because of the gap. I just dressed up the edges. Now that I’m near the end and mounting the doors, I think I’ll clean them up anymore as the ovals are bothering me. With the doors hung, I think I could use a little more gap anyway for easier closing and opening.

faithie999
    Participant

thanks.  I have normally been asking Dillon at CLC these kind of questions, but I think he’s busy this week with the in-plant TD class.

stevie
    Participant

Unless your saw kerf is awfully thin, I believe you’ll find the gap just fine. I used the Dremel saw and a Bosch sabre/jig saw for doors and hatch. 

Some builders stated they had difficulty with the doors rubbing against the eyebrows, but I didn’t.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.