Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  stretchMike 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

TnE
    Participant

Just received plans and manual for the camper build. Since I am on the West coast the shipping cost is prohibitive for some items needed for the build.

I am in process of cutting out the parts and haven’t started the actual construction yet.

I am having trouble finding the roof vent that CLC used, can any provide the make and model of the unit?

TnE

rovineye
    Participant

Mine is Fantastic Vent model 1250. There is a discussion here of a lower profile model, but I have not followed that as mine is built and have no issues.

mpilone
    Participant

Yeah, it is the 1250, but it looks like all the fans in this line have the same 14×14 inch profile so you could upgrade if you wanted to:

http://www.fantasticvent.com/fan-tastic-vent-s-retail-12-volt-fans.html

-mike

TnE
    Participant

Thanks for your responses.

Found a vent unit on Amazon that looks like a good choice:

https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Tastic-801200-Create-Breeze-Vent/dp/B00IKMWNBO/ref=dp_ob_title_auto#customerReviews

TnE

rovineye
    Participant

Same fan, the only difference being the 1250 has reversible flow direction.

jgrayston
    Participant

Be careful with your number 2 panels. Mine came up 1/2 an inch short from the plans. I laid the plan back on the piece I cut and I had transferred and cut the piece perfectly.

After stiching the number 2 panel to the number 1… I noticed It came up short. Be careful of this… I’m going to have to add a splice at the end of number 2. I wonder if any other plan builders are having the same problem. My advice… leave #2 a little long towards the back. You can sand it and trim it once you have the #3 and #4 panels stitched in. I’m currently gluing and epoxying the #3 and #4 panels in place…. cut all my pieces already… hopefully they all fit… I don’t seem to have a board stretcher amongst my tools.

Let’s keep in touch on our builds… I’m going to have the same challenges as you!

Jason

TnE
    Participant

You got me worried about my #2 panels since I have already cut all my 4mm and 6mm pieces and

am in process of cutting the 9mm pieces.

Fingers crossed ☺

TnE

stretchMike
    Participant

Echoing Jason, building from plans, my #2 panels were also 1/2 inch short. One other discrepancy: tabs on floor do not match up properly with slots on #4 panels. Worth checking that carefully before cutting floor.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.