Removeable Galley Insert?

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Removeable Galley Insert?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    comccoy
    Participant

We would like to use the teardrop with the galley insert installed but reserve the ability t0 remove it to get better access to the bulkhead from behind. We are moving slowly on the electrical parts but have a trip coming in a month. I am thinking I might mount the galley insert with some short rubber feet and hold it in place with some reliable clasps. Has anyone done this?

I was thinking that if there exists a 90 degree draw catch I 2ould through bolt 4-8 of them to keep it tight to the galley flat with some tension. I’m curious what other ideas you all have to keeping it firmly attached most of the time but allow easy removal as required.

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

My first thought would be to use two quick release hinges like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugatsune-HG-OTA75-Stainless-Release-Diameter/dp/B00GKZD6K0/ref=pd_sbs_328_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4SJ785ZET7415ZCHRSAP

Mount one side of the hinge to the vertical wall of the galley insert and the other 90deg to the galley floor. Rubber/felt pads under the module would be a good idea to avoid scuffing the galley floor moving it in and out.

comccoy
    Participant

My first thought would be to use two quick release hinges like these.

https://www.amazon.com/Sugatsune-HG-OTA75-Stainless-Release-Diameter/dp/B00GKZD6K0/ref=pd_sbs_328_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4SJ785ZET7415ZCHRSAP

That is definitely in the direction I am thinking! If it could pull tight and put a little tension it would be even better. Even with rubber or felt I would be worried about the little hopping up and down it might do on the road.

rovineye
    Participant

What about some earthquake velcro straps at the sides? Those things have a really good grip.

comccoy
    Participant

What about some earthquake velcro straps at the sides? Those things have a really good grip.

I don’t imagine they will be very strong without being screwed down BUT that is a perfect solution for testing on one trip! Perhaps once I get all the electronics in I’ll screw things in place. I think I’ll put on and leave the rubber feet regardless. Thanks for the strap idea!!

rovineye
    Participant

One end of the strap is double back tape, and it is industrial strong! I think you will find it has plenty or grip.  The other end has grommets that you could screw or bolt onto the module or bulkhead or galley deck.

I would leave the rubber feet on as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.