problem with doors?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jschalsk
    Participant

When I checked out the teardrop at CLC I noticed the doors appeared to be bowed out at the bottom (not a good fit) is there a fix other than the webbing? How about adding fiberglass and epoxy to the back of the doors the added fiberglass should keep the doors from bowing? If anyone has any fixes I would like to hear from you. Thanks for any help.

John C. Harris
    Keymaster

Were they latched at the time? Ours seem to fit really well.  This is a current photo:

CLC Teardrop Camper

jschalsk
    Participant

John,the post should have said door not doors. The starboard door looked like a very good fit the port side (it was dark and next to the wall at the time) appeared to have a bow at the bottom and yes it could have been the shadow causing the look. I would like to say the camper is a well thought out design (my daughter called it art on wheels) I am looking forward to my completed camper (and by the way helping my son in law with his build).

Eric
    Participant

I did notice some movement in the doors when they were cutout.  So when I was about half way through the cutting out process, the already cut edge would either spring in or out about 1/2″. Am I correct in assuming the strap will correct any misalignment, or will the stiffener “bake in” any angle issue from springback?? I do read and will heed the warning about not CAUSING any angle changes with the stiffener.

John C. Harris
    Keymaster

>>>>>>Am I correct in assuming the strap will correct any misalignment, or will the stiffener “bake in” any angle issue from springback??

The strap was first installed simply because we needed a really ergonomic way to pull the door shut from inside. But we realized it also corrected any “springback” in the door causing misalignment.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.