Pre-drilled holes in cabin floor: what are they for?

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Pre-drilled holes in cabin floor: what are they for?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Deepwoods
    Participant

The cabin floor came with two 1/4″ holes in the starboard half of the floor, about 11″ from the edge.  I figured that their purpose would be revealed at some point.  However, I am at the point of fiberglassing the bottom and can’t find any mention of these holes in the manual.  Should I just fiberglass over them?  Should I fillet them first?

jmb_builds
    Participant

Do those align with the grooves in the trailer bunk halves? (If so, they are probably missing on the portside panel…) As I understand the manual, those are pre-drilled for mounting the shell on a basic harbor freight trailer. In any case I would fill them with thickened epoxy (and re-drill if eventually used).

Deepwoods
    Participant

Thanks, Johannes.  You are correct.  The distance between the holes in the bottom panel is the same as the distance between the grooves in the bunks.  Since I’m not using the Harbor Freight type small trailer, I only skimmed that section of the manual and missed the instruction that you found.  I went back and read more thoroughly following your post.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.