mushroom vents

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rsbrownmd
    Participant

After reading all the posts on installing mushroom vents I am still confused as to the best way to do this. I am only doing vents in the rear. Leave the baffle on or take it off? Use weatherstripping or not? Change length of bolt? Install it so that the white baffle is flush with the outside of the camper? If anyone out there has a sure-fire way of installing these vents please let me know. Pictures would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

marlin53
    Participant

Made all my vents adjustable from the inside by changing the bolts to hold down bolts.   Glued nuts in were the head of the bolt went.

rsbrownmd
    Participant

That sounds like a really clever idea. I think I understand but if possible could you send me a picture of the bolt and the cover with the nut glued on? On the exterior, did you leave the white baffle on or did you replace it with the weatherstrip inside the cover?

marlin53
    Participant

Do a search on the forum ReplacinThoughts on forward mushroom vent placement?

rsbrownmd
    Participant

Thanks. I did find a picture of the bolt and cap. I’m still curious as to whether you kept the white baffle or went with the weatherstripping in the cap? Whichever method you used, any problem with rain getting in?

friz
    Participant

Mine did not have enough thread to make the mods work. I left the baffle in, forward up, and made plugs for travel out of closed cell foam seat cushions.

marlin53
    Participant

You need to make your own bolt.  I took out the baffle

marlin53
    Participant

I also added apiece of anti fatigue as a gasket

rsbrownmd
    Participant

Do you mean making a gasket out of a piece of anti-fatigue mat? Did you place that in the cap or put it around the opening? A picture would be a great help. Thanks.

marlin53
    Participant

Place it in the cap. I push a piece of the mat against the vent to mark the rim the measured an extra 1/4 into the outside

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.