Missing Risers with Trailex

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Missing Risers with Trailex

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    comccoy
    Participant

Hymnal page 275 shows ¾” risers that look to be woodish. We don’t have them. We checked the inventory and don’t see them anywhere. They also did not come with the trailer itself. I hope we aren’t supposed to manufacture them! I saw another post that showed they were missing. Is this normal? We can call clc Monday. We are a day or 2 away from actually needing them.

I also saw another post that mentioned using hockey pucks. That intrigues us. Is that a good/better solution as they would be water proof and perhaps a bit more vibration control?

Boardwalk
    Participant

At the June class – we used a composite riser.  However, I think the hockey pucks are a really good alternative.  That’s what I would have used if not for the class.

patrick.hvac
    Participant

The trailex trailer does not require trailer bunks from what I understand but according to the manual they should have been shipped with the kit in case you’re using a different trailer.

Bob D.
    Participant

Mine shipped a month after the kit.  White plastic resin pucks.  I never did get the rubber vibration dampers so I used hockey pucks.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 8 months ago by Bob D..
    friz
    Participant

Hockey Pucks FTW

comccoy
    Participant

I just find it weird they are listed in the hymnal and aren’t included in the kit. I thought about a call to CLC today but honestly we are ready to drill holes and mount to the trailer just to get the space back in the garage and I really like the idea of the vulcanized rubber providing a lot of vibration absorption  so I ordered some hockey pucks. I figure I can always call later if we have issues. Thanks all!

comccoy
    Participant

“The trailex trailer does not require trailer bunks from what I understand but according to the manual they should have been shipped with the kit in case you’re using a different trailer.”

Unfortunately this is not the same thing. The bunks are the long CNCed strips of 18mm plywood used to elevate the teardrop over a non-Trailex trailer that has a smaller wheel base. (Hymnal page 266) We have those.

The risers are small round pucks of wood that sit on top of the L-brackets on the Trailex. (Hymnal page 275). We’ve decided to give hockey pucks a try instead.

faithie999
    Participant

You’ll be happy with the hockey pucks.

friz
    Participant

I like that they say CANADA on the side. Gives my camper an international flair.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.