This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Boardwalk 3 weeks, 4 days ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

rsbrownmd
    Participant

I noticed that there is no liner for the back wall under the galley. Is there a reason that this wall needs to stay uncovered? If not, can it be covered with Costco foam tiles or some type of carpeting? It seems that some people have had trouble figuring out exactly which pieces of the liner go where. It would be a simple fix if Chesapeake Light Craft supplied a one page handout with an outline of the different shapes describing exactly where they go.

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

No reason to leave this area uncovered, not sure why their kit doesn’t cover it. I would get 3/4″ closed cell foam to match the rest of the CLC headliner kit you have. Also page 380 of the build manual has the headliner parts labeled.

faithie999
    Participant

the 1/2″ foam floor tiles from Costco will work just fine.

faithie999
    Participant

editorial comment–the headliner kit is the weakest part of the entire CLC offering.  hard to fit, the surface scuffs easily, and I find (as have others)  for some unexplainable reason the tiles shrink over time.  I now have about 1/8-1/4 inch gaps between each segment.

Boardwalk
    Participant

A few things I would do different:

1. Leak test before the panels are glued in.  I am tracing two leaks and I am kicking myself for not testing BEFORE adding the foam.
    2. Paint the interior shell with black paint, wherever the foam seams meet.  Makes the gaps less noticeable.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.