Insurance Recommendations???

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Insurance Recommendations???

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BrewMeisterSerge
    Participant

Hello Fellow TD Builders,

This is my first posting even though I’ve been following many great tips and pics everyone has posted in the past 2 years. So I finally finished my TD Camper with some unique customizations (will post pics soon) but now that I got my plates and registration, I called my insurance carrier to get a quote and they told me that because it was custom built, this poses an unacceptable risk and they will not insure. Has anyone had any success getting at least the comprehensive insurance so that I’m not sweating bullets when I haul my TD around?

neldave
    Participant

I went through Progressive via the online interface, and selected “other” for manufacturer and was able to enter “Chesapeake Light Craft” as the manufacturer and the model as “teardrop camper”. For replacement cost, I listed the current amount on the CLC website to buy one fully assembled (just over $20K). Was roughly 400 per year.

BrewMeisterSerge
    Participant

Interesting, it was actually Progressive who declined to insure. Apparently they don’t insure home made TD’s even from a kit. I explained in detail how it was assembled and who I bought it from.

jb
    Participant

Like neldave, I also insured mine online through Progressive. Rather than call and explain, I’d recommend using the online option. I used the VIN from the Northern Tool trailer and manually entered the brand/model as CLC and used the fully constructed TD price from CLC as the insured amount.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.