ICC side door hinges

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Danita
    Participant

Good Evening,

I am mounting the doors in the sides of the ICC and the lower leaf of the hinge is too long with little or no wood to bite into. I could sharply angle the screws but it would be a weak connection and look bad as well. I rounded the bottom the 1/2″ as per the directions. Also the included gasket is too wide and too thick to have on before trying to mount the hinges. Any suggestions or solutions? Thanks Dan

wudboatVT
    Participant

Hi Dan, thanks for bringing this up. I’m not too far away from installing the doors on the ICC. I also rounded the bottom by 1/2″.

I’d suggest looking on the internet for alternative hinges. With a little searching I’m sure you’ll find something that’s a better fit. As for the gasket — same thing — you’ll be able to find something narrower on Amazon with a quick search.

Happy building,

John (@okoume_overland)

wudboatVT
    Participant

Hey Dan, can you post a few pictures? Having any luck with the hardware?

Danita
    Participant

Here is what I ordered and installed this afternoon. Will need to do some accommodating as the holes in the hinge leaf on the door are too low. However the holes on the other leaf are perfect for the bottom of the ICC. dtb

NRC&XRC Marine Grade CAST Solid 316 Stainless Steel Mirror Polished Shortside Hinges Heavy Duty 1-1/2″ x 2-1/4″ Pair for Boat, RVs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.