ICC Bad Quality Cutout

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    effortness
    Participant

Not sure if I should try to get a replacement part from CLC.

The ICC “top” panels should be mirror images of each other, since the ICC itself is symmetric. The manual also says as much when we can coat either side in epoxy as long as they’re done in a symmetric pair.

At the stage where the tops go on, and one side will not “fit” in any orientation. I’m fine with a little overhang that would need to be trimmed, or a little bit of fillet material to fill gaps, but for one panel, one side will be overhanging by over and inch, and the other side is lacking by over an inch.

I might have built the parts wrong so far, so I check the bad panel with the one that fit, since they should be mirror images:

And it looks like the angle of the cutout is off enough to cause the fit issues. The bad panel isn’t close enough to the good one for this to be an easy fix.

Is there something I’m missing here? I’m guessing that even if I built the CLC poorly, the panels should at least be mirror images of each other. One of the panels fits well enough.

Not sure if I should ask CLC for a new top part, or if I should cut up the bad part and try to fix it.

CLCJAY
    Participant

Jay from CLC here.  If you flip on of the top pieces end for end, they will line up.  The angled cuts are not symmetrical front to back.ICC top flip

effortness
    Participant

Sorry, it’s my bad quality mind!

thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.