Galley hatch pins

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    friz
    Participant

I was getting progressively nervous about my hatch being held in place by nothing but the hasp. One trip to the hardware store and the worry is gone. The pins were made by cutting the heads off stainless shoulder bolts and drilling them.

abrightwell
    Participant

Nice. It looks like you glued/epoxied the washer in place? Is there also one on the under side?

• This reply was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by abrightwell.
    western_flyer
    Participant

Very cleaver. It should slow the raccoons way down!

I’ve purchased two adjustable SS hasps to spread the clamping force out toward the edges of the hatch. I’ll post a pic when I get them installed.

friz
    Participant

The washer is just on the top side. Yes, just glued in place with epoxy. Here is what it looks like under the lid. I put the pin through the hole for reference.

PatandRay
    Participant

Ray and I are nearing completion of our teardrop. We have questioned the upper ends of the gutter. During installation of the gutter, the shape made it seem as though there was supposed to be an opening at the top of the gutter on both sides. We filleted up each side and across the top. Now as we have a better understanding of the water flow, gutter, weatherstripping we are starting to wonder if that hole should be sealed.

Could you post a picture of the top of your gutter where it turns to go across the galley side of the bulkhead? That would be greatly appreciated.

Pat

friz
    Participant

Just an ill fitting part. Yes it needs to be filled.

greenninja51502
    Participant

They make something similar, only locking, for automotive use. At least they used to. I had some on the hood of my 65 Mustang fastback 38 years ago. I still have them but not the car. 😥 I would post pics but can’t figure out how to do it on this site with my “smart” phone.

greenninja51502
    Participant
    greenninja51502
    Participant

Does that actually show up as a picture or just a link to a picture?

friz
    Participant

Just the link.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.