Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    petesilverlake
    Participant

I am having trouble with the galley gutters. The glue does not want to hold the upper gutter in place. The glue works, I’ve had to peel apart fingers numerous times now but when take my hands off the gutter drops down on to the flat. The gutter only sits in the groove at an angle, so it is not completely in the groove but there is contact where I’m gluing. This only the top gutter, the bottom one looks to be even more difficult. Any help here would be appreciated.

Bob D.
    Participant

If there is glue on both pieces of wood, let it soak in for 10 secs or so before hitting it with the accelerator.  And hold the parts together for a good half minute or more.  That *should* do it.

derek0
    Participant

Yes, I suspect that because of the angle of the gutter you are probably not getting enough glue on the bulkhead side of the mating equation.  I seem to recall dripping some glue on the bulkhead above the gutter and hitting it with accelerant just as the glue touched the gutter.  I definitely recall doing A LOT of sanding in that groove to get the upper galley gutter to slip into the groove in the bulkhead

I wrestled with the bottom gutter for a long time, and still got it wrong.  My mistake was jamming the lower gutter up too high on the side panels resulting in a slight, outward bow of those panels.  I ended up cutting the fillet between the gutter and side panel and regluing it to get everything straight again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.