Galley Flat Covering – Any ideas, suggestions, photos?

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Galley Flat Covering – Any ideas, suggestions, photos?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    CLCTeardrop 623
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out how I am going to finish the surface of my galley flat (countertop).  I have the galley module which will be installed so I only need to finish the front half of the flat.

T Fast
    Participant

Galley FlatWe just completed our galley flat covering, adapting the idea from CLC https://www.clcboats.com/shoptips/finishing-tips/fabrics.html. We painted the flat with Interlux Pre-Kote white primer, then used the same technique we used with fiberglass to put down fabric. We did not add fiberglass as they did in the link. We first tested fabric on a scrap of bare wood and also wood with a primer coat and found that the color was brighter over the primer. A few additional coats of epoxy should with a few final coats of varnish should be all you need with most fabrics, but the fabric we used was flannel, so we decided to add a bar top finish, MAS Tabletop Epoxy, and added a 1/8” pour. Ten minutes after poring we went over it with a heat gun to remove any air bubbles.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.