finished the headliner installation

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum finished the headliner installation

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    faithie999
    Participant

I used 3M “77” spray adhesive on both mating surfaces for each piece, after I had used a 3/8″ roundover bit on the edges and dry-fit the piece as best I could.  the 77 adhesive takes about a minute to dry to “tacky”, and it is very forgiving, unlike contact cement.  I used about 2/3 of the 16.75-oz can, which I had bought at Michael’s with a 40%-off coupon.

does anyone know why CLC doesn’t supply headliner for the transom or quarter panels, given that they do supply material for the sides of the footwell?  I plan on using some interlocking rubber floor mat material (same material as the headliner, but a bit thinner) unless there’s a good reason to leave the aft un-insulated.

ken

catcamper
    Participant

We did a tack job with the 3m 77 spray to get through this weekend (we don’t have electrical but had a planned camping trip). After noticing how chilly it was down there, we also were wondering why it doesn’t cover the transom or quarter panels, seems a bit strange. Also for people needing it “now” and not being able to do the full spray, 10 spot tack welds  per foam piece seemed to hold it and we did have duct tape just in case it fell on our heads! I also let it dry probably 1-2 minutes due to the fact we wanted it to come off easily. Now we take it all down, adjust everything and put it back up with the spray as we will want to do future upgrades most likely.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.