Electrical system

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fishcarver
    Participant

Ok I can do all the fiberglass and woodwork on this thing just fine but when it comes to doing the electrical system I’m a mental midget.  All I’m looking for is to wire the fan, a few lights, an outlet and a USB port.  I also want to be able to run everything off the battery and be able to pull into a site and plug the whole works into an AC outlet.  Does anyone have a simple diagram or instructions about what I would need and how to do it.  The bible that comes with the kit is fairly vague to say the least and shows pictures with a spaghetti mess that I can’t follow.  Help.

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

Electrical systems can get complicated and very dangerous. If you haven’t purchased any batteries or components other than lights and fans, than a simple plug an play solution may be a good idea for you.

Look into something like a Goal Zero Yeti 400 portable power station. Then all you would need to do is wire your lights to a 12v 6mm 10amp port and the roof vent fan to the 12v car port.

A power pack like the Goal Zero Yeti can be charged and run off of shore power or solar as well.

If you still prefer to go the more complicated route then let me know the exact electrical specs of all the components you want to run (voltages and amps), and I can maybe help your further.

friz
    Participant

I would suggest looking to http://tnttt.com for advise. My electrical is very simple 12v only. Battery, fuse block, ground strip. I charge directly to the battery with either a 110 charger or solar. Things get complicated when you bring shore power 110v into the mix. Most use an RV electrical panels to delegate power to batteries outlets lights etc.

fishcarver
    Participant

That sounds like exactly what I need to do.  So it sounds like you always run off the battery and just plug in to just keep the battery topped off.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.