It was way too thick on both dimensions for me, so much so that I could not close the doors. I changed the design and bought some Trim-Lok D-Shaped Rubber Seal. Instead of lining the door with it, I put it into the channel on the door sill.
This option looks more professional and the gasket is less likely to be damaged over time. I do however have a leak to track down on one side, likely due to the door strap not being tight enough or the fact that I only temporarily installed the gasket just using its adhesive backing. I bet if I used marine sealant and tighten up the strap that should solve my issue.
The Strip that gets attached with SuperGlue and a “Rubber Mallet” worked well once I figured out that firm touch with rubber mallet was acceptable. There are “Spring Fingers” inside the channel and are likely meant for thinner edges.
As for the Foam Tape, I thought the firmness was just fine. I attached it before all the varnishing was done (touch ups mostly) but managed to get some Varnish on the Foam Gasket. I think I will replace it once everything is complete. This will look better and at $3.50/roll at Lowes, I can waste a little if needed or downsize slightly to fit around doors more evenly.