Door and Window cut-outs

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    wudboatVT
    Participant

I’ve looked ahead in the hymnal but don’t see much advice on this. When the doors and windows (and roof hatch) are cut out, the manual says to cut in the center of the CNC’d dotted line. I’ve done that, but it leaves a jagged edge on both sides of the cut piece. It’s unsightly to say the least.

Is it okay to sand these down to remove the remnants of the dashed line or is the freshly cut (and unaltered) shape required for a good door and window fit? It’s not clear to me how much margin is built into the design in this case.

Any advice is welcome.

John (@okoume_overland)

CWStevens
    Participant

I cut right down the middle, then used the remaining CNC “dotted lines” as guides on how far to sand each side.  You can also use the plexiglass to check the fit of the window cutouts.

Danita
    Participant

I also cut down the middle then filed/sanded until the cutouts were faired.

badger317
    Participant

Thanks and glad I found this.  I’m at the same stage and noticed the saw kerf was narrower than the CNC dotted lines.  Good tip to check the windows in the cutouts as I needed to sand down to remove the CNC dotted lines before they would fit.  I will file and sand until things look good.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.