Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Door and mushroom vent leaks

Tagged: 

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Gerald Baranski 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

wcammack
    Participant

Hi everyone,

So I finished my camper over a year ago, and have spent six months on the road living out of it while I moved across the country. I absolutely love it, but have had consistent issues with leaks both around the doors and the mushroom vents. In regards to the doors, I think it’s a tough issue to fix just because the nature of how my doors ended up fitting together. The top and bottom edge of the doors aren’t flush with the camper, and I think this is where the water leaks in. I find after a good rain the foam strips on the inside of the door are completely saturated with water and start to leak out onto my mattress. I’ve tried tightening the tension strap on the inside, but it hasn’t helped. Anyone else dealing with this/have any solutions?

In regards to the mushroom vents, I’m sort of baffled. I did everything exactly right, and as far as I can tell they are exactly how they were intended to be. Yet they consistently leak water through them even when they are closed. Anyone have a clue what is going on here?

Thanks!

faithie999
    Participant

I don’t have any suggestions about the door leaks, but what I did with the mushroom vents was to put a strip of Frost King foam inside the cap so when the cap is snugged down the foam seals against the inner part of the vent.  haven’t had any water intrusion.

ken

szerby
    Participant

I used a auto door trim around the edges of my doors.  Have them a professional black outline on the outside and an nearly airtight seal.

Gerald Baranski
    Participant

For our doors we installed adjustable buckle clips (like on a backpack) its made it easier to adjust the doors. I skipped the mushroom vents and installed larger portholes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.