curtains

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Diving Duck
    Participant

I’m trying to figure out a way to install curtains on the door sills.  Has anyone done this?  Any ideas?  I’ve looked at tracks for RV curtains, and while some of these look like they might work it’s difficult to be sure looking at pictures.  Also, the shortest ones I can find are 8 feet long.  Easy to cut PVC, but then I’d have to get rid of the remainder.  Maybe give it away on this BB.

SOMDTD
    Participant

I’m looking at the same thing.  Thinking using Velcro “dots” on the corners and then use a piece of terry cloth or other material to cover the window.  Sometimes I *don’t* want to wake up when the sun comes up!

JakeM
    Participant

This is something on my list to figure out before a trip in two weeks.  I’m looking into things like this window shade, but it is just a matter of finding the right dimensions and one that blocks enough light.  Last time I was in the teardrop I just duct-taped up an extra t-shirt to block the windows.

Bill
    Participant

For the last TD I built for my daughter I used a bunge cord for the top hem and because these windows slid open added a second one to the bottom due to wind blowing them. In The CLC only a top one would be needed and you can pick almost any fabric to make them.
    Bill

TheNest
    Participant

This is what we are thinking and will be one of a number of projects this Summer between the CLCTD and Otters Nest.

http://www.sailrite.com/How-to-Make-Boat-Interior-Curtains-Video

Our LSZ1 is gonna get a workout!  lol

FWIW – we are planning on a number of canvas ( read Sunbrella ) items for our TD including side panels for the galley.  Would love to see others that have done such things.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.