Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Cabrera’s clc camper build

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #3661
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Hello all,

    Learned a lot from here and decided to share my experiences in return.

    #3662
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Mold was fun to build. We noticed the manual calls for the boxes not to be left flat. I think it said something about humidity and warping from being on the ground.

    #3663
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Pretty cool how the mold can be tilted</span>

    #3664
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    I have to admit this is a pretty cool project 

    #3666
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Practicing my supervisor skills. Using these red solo cups we noticed sometimes they get so hot they melt.

    #3667
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Maybe should’ve let one side dry before flipping it preventing the runs. Maybe should’ve used less so it wouldn’t run. Glad we got the headliner. 

    #3668
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Pretty cool how it doesn’t stick to this plastic. 

    #3669
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Installed bulkhead, hatch stiffener, and galley hatch trim. Tried to make it plumb. Later when I installed galley flat, 1/16” was removed along this trim so the flat could fit inside of it.

    #3670
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Inside shim holds galley flat flush with trim. Hope masking tape keeps epoxy clean.

    #3671
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    After 1st epoxy coat it looked like sandpaper. Waited 24 hours and sanded with 80 grit and applied 2nd coat. I’m guessing it soaks in at first and tops it off the 2nd time.

    #3684
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    About to sand floor after 2nd coat & install it, wish me luck 🤞

    #3688
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    The eagle has landed 🙌

    #3689
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    The eagle has hatched 🐣 

    #3690
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    Inside floor to wall fillets 🥷

    #3733
    Cabreraw
    Participant

    When we moved the mold we noticed there were copper stitches stuck and these needed to be cut and sanded or removed 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.