Bulkhead pass through 2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    madebymike60
    Participant

So here is the second part of my bulkhead pass through and what it looks like inside. The door is held in place by magnets (epoxied into holes so they’re flush) when it is closed or open. Two magnets that you can see are in the bulkhead at the right side of the opening. Two others are in the bulkhead near the left side. Four magnets are in the back of the door to match the location of the four in the bulkhead when the door is closed. When the door is open, only two pairs of magnets will ‘match up’ but they’re strong enough to keep it in place. If you use this idea, make sure you get the poles of the magnets facing the ‘correct’ ways. All four north poles need to face one way (for example toward the front of the camper) and match up with four south poles facing the other way (toward the back of the camper) when the door is closed. The handle is a rock from a past trip somewhere epoxied on the door. Also, the door can slide far enough to the right to be completely removed for finishing or whatever.

Admin, I tried to do this and another topic together but any time I try something with more than one picture, it hasn’t worked. If you or someone else has a solution, I’d like to hear it.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.