Building material options to reduce cost

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Building material options to reduce cost

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mikejsilveira
    Participant

To the Members of this Teardrop builders forum

I would like to ask this forum for building materials recommendations that would reduce the overall cost for a plans builder on a shoe string budget.  Are there sections on the plans that don’t need expensive marine grade plywood but still provide suitable structural integrity?  Would a used Harbor Freight trailer fit the dimensions of the CLC teardrop shell?  If you have cost saving tips for building please share what you know.

Thank you

trisar
    Participant

Hi Mike,

From my experince on trying to make modifications to the original design, I would say is not an easy task, but not impossible. There are a few examples on the web that proves this.

CLC has put a lot of work behind every single design decision and materials selection, so be mindful of it when doing your revisions.

I hope you enjoy the build. It’s a  great rewarding experience.

jmb_builds
    Participant

Check out and dig deep into the CLC teardrop camper Facebook group. Years ago I saw a post where a camper has been built out of some sort of foam sheets, covered with epoxy and glass, of course. I don’t remember the details, though.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.