Axle Location measurement..?

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Axle Location measurement..?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    AeroTeardrop
    Participant

I decided to get a trailer kit from a Canada offered through Tractor Supply Co. I realize I need to move axle aft for the CLC Tear Drop because of center of mass as well as camper door location away from trailer fender. I would like to know what is the idea axle Location in Inches from rear edge of trailer ?  I have several inches fore or aft , I am wondering what the axle position is with the Trailex Trailer for the Tear Drop Camper.?

Thank you in advance

Russ

“Aero Tear Drop”

AeroTeardrop
    Participant

I recently picked up ( Dec 30th 2022) my Tear Drop Camper Kit, as well as the ICC and Storage Box for the tongue . I measured the axle center to the rear edge of the Show Room Model of your Tear Drop Camper, and it is 25″ , and I picked up a spec sheet that says recommended 32″ from center of the axle aft to rear edge of camper, but I am curious if the added ICC Storage unit will effect the recommended 32″ measurement? I presently have my axle located 29″ from rear edge of my trailer, and I’m thinking it would be best to fasten the shell far enough aft to end up with the 32″ recommendation.. ?

Thank you

Russ Mintkenbaugh

West Chester,Ohio (Cincinnati)

513-314-0043

pbspiritwind
    Participant

I have my ICC unit under construction now. The trailex is up in Kansas City and will be going up Wednesday and I can measure it then. The ICC does not seem to move the cg much. In the final analysis I will be making sure I have enough tongue weight for a stable un- oscillating combination. I’m concerned with the door and wheel locations as far as entry and exit is concerned. A storage box on the front may solve any weight issues.

paul b

sandman
    Participant

Finally went out to measure mine. 27 1/2” from the bottom rear of the trailer. Standard trailer loaded and ready for a trip with nothing on the roof racks. Trailex trailer with no ICC but I have an aluminum storage box on the tongue. Tongue weight is 98 lbs and total trailer is about 1,000. Photo posted separately.

sandman
    Participant

AeroTeardrop
    Participant

Thank you to those who measured the axle location reference to their trailer. I have started my Tear Drop Camper build since first of 2023,  and as of last evening, I have sheets #1 & #2 secured with stitches , and CA glued seams and this evening will be cutting the longitudinal Seam copper Stitches. I have to say this Kit of utmost quality and I am very much enjoying the build.

Russ M

AeroTearDrop

(Sweet Roll)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.