Awning

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jctownsley
    Participant

Hi all – I have some dividend money to spend at REI before April 10th. Thinking about Yakima’s new retractable awning. (Follow link to see the product.) It would mount on the roof rack of the teardrop. Anybody mount an awning yet and can post a picture or impressions? ARB makes them as well. A couple pictures below of what an awning looks like on a different teardrop.

szerby
    Participant

I was thinking the same.  ARB makes some too, this model is just over 4′ wide.

http://store.arbusa.com/ARB-Awning-1250-ARB3110A-P3655.aspx

I was also thinking of a hot water system for the other side of the rack:

http://roadshower.com/woo/product/road-shower-4s/

This holds 4 gallons of solar heated pressurized water.

jctownsley
    Participant

I have a similar water device mounted in my tacoma. This is the one I have. Love it!

I’m a couple weeks from finishing up my camper and installing the rack, but I did purchase an awning. I have an “awning room” for it too. With a toddler and another kid on the way, my wife wanted a place for the kids to play as well as a place for her to stand up and change clothes. So the awning room will be on one side of the camper. It has two windows to the outside as well as a door. Then there’s an internal zippered side that allows you to get into the camper. The room attaches to the awning, but has its own floor and roof. Here’s a few pictures of it mounted to my tacoma. It’s not staked down in the pictures so looks a little floppy. Will post some updates once I finish my build!

comccoy
    Participant

That is a pretty big awning room! How would it work as a tent for a couple kids?

jctownsley
    Participant

sorry for the delay, been out of country for a week. It’s about 6′ wide (lengthwise bolted to roof rack) and extends about 7′ out. Easily big enough for a couple sleeping bags.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.