Any southern Illinois or St. Louis builds?

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Any southern Illinois or St. Louis builds?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dbrownpilot
    Participant

I’m seriously considering building this teardrop, but I’d love to see a completed project before I start. Has anyone in Southern Illinois or St Louis completed one they’d like to show off? Thanks in advance!

jettaMan
    Participant

I have been telling my wife I’ll finish the TC and we can drive to Colorado in it next week, We had been thinking about passing through Cave in Rock or Shawnee Forest. There’s a bit of work to do and the interior will only be partly done, but hopefully the rest will be in good working order.

sandman
    Participant

I’m in central Illinois (Congerville) and would be happy to show it. It’s been “done” for about 5 months and we’ve camped in it 4 times so far. I’d even let you try it out here if you would like to…we live in the middle of timber and have a nice camping area.

dbrownpilot
    Participant

If you’re in Shawnee Forest, let me know, I don’t live too far from there.

dbrownpilot
    Participant

I’d like to see it, but that’s quite a little drive for us. I might contact you if we are in the area sometime. If you ever come camping in Southern Illinois, let me know. We live about an hour east of St Louis.

sandman
    Participant

Our second outing was camping Rend Lake and biking Tunnel Hill but I’m not sure when we might be headed that way again. Good luck with your build.

jettaMan
    Participant

Ida set us back and then we had to scamper out to Colorado, so we couldn’t stop in Illinois this trip.

southcitystl
    Participant

I’m in St. Louis City but am in the middle of my build. I am currently fiberglassing the exterior so I don’t have much to show off if you’re looking for a finished project. I’ve never built anything in my life and am notoriously bad with my hands but I am learning a lot and finding great joy in the project.

dbrownpilot
    Participant

Let me know when you get a little further along. I’d like to see your project.

mwillenbrink
    Participant

I’m in St. Louis and about 80% done with my build I started a mont ago. Getting ready to install hinges, eyebrows, and finish up interior epoxy and the bottom.

southcitystl
    Participant

Where in St. Louis are you? I’m in the city and am nearly finished with varnish. I’ve got two kids under the age of three and am building in a detached, non-climate controlled garage, so kids and weather have left me to enjoy a two year build 🙂

mwillenbrink
    Participant

I’m in Kirkwood.  Just sanding the galley+hatch interior right now, as well as the door interiors.
    Still have the interior epoxy, underside glassing, and hinge installation to go.
    Going to go the automotive clear coat route, then just the galley and tongue box assembly, as well as interior and electrical.

I stick built a 15.5’ kayak that I finished up last year, and this is worlds easier, just a lot more surface area to sand! I too am in a detached garage with essentially no AC, so the last few weeks have been 6am epoxy jobs.  Advantage has been quick set up times between coats and sanding!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.