air conditioner for clc teardrop

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum air conditioner for clc teardrop

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    boxerteam
    Participant

i just received a new zero breeze mark 2 portable air conditioner ordered on amazon. i think it might be perfect for the clc teardrop, an ac unit that many will want to consider. it’s light, has plenty of power for our teardrop size, installs easily and has battery option that integrates easily.

when i found this ac online, i learned that the original zero breeze mark 1 had many poor reviews, very deserved, but the mark 2 is much better in many ways and the credible reviews are better in my judgment. i took a risk and purchased it… so far, happy i did.

The documentation is very poor and the unit has a few minor design flaws, but overall, it is space efficient, powerful and quiet.
    i’m early in my clc teardrop build, and i’m not yet sure how i will install it, but i can already imagine a variety of easy efficient installation options…
    thought y’all might like to know about this…
    Kind regards

boynton4129
    Participant

Thanks, keep us updated on the install and how it works out.

I’m in Texas and it’s bloody hot!

Early in build, bottom going on next.

Mike

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

In Texas as well and considered the Zero Breeze MKII. I plan to go a different route because im worried it just cant keep up with the heat we get here. Would be curious to know how well it works for you before i get started this fall on the AC mod.

boxerteam
    Participant

hi Adam,

i have used the mark-2 in a small office in an upstairs of my garage… The space is appx. 60 sq. ft… the ac dropped temp on. 90 degree day, from 86 (inside temp.) to 74 without any problem…and dehumidification was excellent.  i started the “run setting” on the boost cycle until comfortable and turned it down to run on the regular stage.

i believe the clc teardrop, especially with insulation package will be no problem.

boynton4129
    Participant

Have you figured out where you are going to put the mark-2?

I bought one and I’m still going back and forth as to where it will go.

Foot of the mattress … not much room

In or on the tongue box… air would blow in your face if you use the mushroom vents

add another vent on the awning side maybe under the shelf..then it could sit outside under the awning at night.

Thoughts

Mike

kimf
    Participant

We just picked one up and we have it sitting on the top of the galvanized tongue box. It is just perfect. My husband said he wouldn’t go camping in the summer humidity unless I figured out the AC issue. I got two batteries and the power extender which increases the time the battery will run. I store it in a plastic tote for travel. I used silicon reducer connectors to tie into the mushroom vents to vent the air and recirculate the cool air. Waiting for warmer weather to see how well it works in the humidity, but in the garage at 80 degrees, I needed a blanket inside! Success👍

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.