A bit wider?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    rodtermaat
    Participant

Has any one considered a more king size layout?  I have been studying the camper for some time and wondering where you would add to the width in order to approach something larger than the queen size layout.

Why?  Well my wife and I have looked at some teardrops and she really like those that are more of a king size.  So yes, we could just buy one of those, but the weight and style of the CLC teardrop are just so appealing that I have to research.

You could add width to the top which has significant repercussions to the overall build, or you could straighten out the lower half to more of a 90 degree angle to the floor.  I assume the general consensus will be that I am crazy, but still have to ask for opinions.

I am not new to wood working but new to this style of light weight building.  I have considered building my own and buying, but my first choice is a wider version of the CLC teardrop.

Thoughts?

rod from Nebraska

comccoy
    Participant

They addressed that in the FAQ:

http://www.clcboats.com/shop/boats/recreational-vehicles/clc-teardrop-trailer.html#faqshaq

No harm in asking. If they get enough interest it just might happen!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.