Completed CLC Teardrop Camper Photo Gallery

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Completed CLC Teardrop Camper Photo Gallery

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • Author
    madebymike60
    Participant

madebymike60
    Participant

madebymike60
    Participant

I’ve built many things over the years including a deck, lots of furniture and two stitch and glue boats but I have to say the sense of accomplishment from finishing this camper is probably above anything else. It’s not perfect but it’s as good as I can do and that’s saying a lot. I appreciate CLC’s phone support and especially the help from this forum. It would have been much harder without the shared ideas and experience of so many others.

kimf
    Participant

@madebymike60, my husband and I totally agree! I’ve never been so honored than when I took this camper on the road and had people all across the country acknowledge our hard work! Absolutely loving it and looking forward to our next adventure. Thinking of Acadia National Park in the fall (with lots of little trips in between!)

madebymike60
    Participant

kimf, the average was about two times a day that someone would ask about the camper – at rest stops, gas stations, restaurants, camp sites – pretty much anywhere I stopped for a while. I never tired of telling about it.

Our plan is to visit Acadia this summer with a stop at a wooden boat show in Connecticut on the way. I’m looking forward to it.

How did you do your insulation? It looks great but it’s hard to tell if it is CLC’s kit covered or you came up with your own idea. I expect others will want to know, so if you post your answer in one of the ‘insulation’ topics (which makes more sense), I’ll look for it and it would be easier for others to find.

sandman
    Participant

Finished the CLC Teardrop in 2021 but added the CLC Mill Creek 16.5 Hybrid this year. Maiden voyage last weekend to Sleepy Hollow State Park, MI.

CLCTeardrop 623
    Participant

Briggs Farm 25th Anniversary Blues Festival – Nescopeck, PA

traidna
    Participant

Nicely done!! Please tell me about the window in the transom, does it open? did you reinforce the transom at all to install it?

Thank you

traidna
    Participant

My completed camper at the DIY Teardrop Camper Community 5th  annual gathering in Strunk, KY

Spartan - CLC Teardrop at Strunk, KY

CLCTeardrop 623
    Participant

Beautiful job –

RowingBoatmanSteve
    Participant

Completed after 12 months of evenings and bonus COVID lockdown time here in Australia- a few custom modifications and personal touches along the way…

I reshaped the steel trailer to suit, adding Timbren suspension and a 130 litre water tank with pressure pump between the wheels.  Battery is concealed in the ICC, with wiring hidden in the most part behind insulation. Fuses are accessed behind one of the small drawers in the galley module. LED lights throughout, including within the galley cut-outs and ICC lockers. Small drawers added to the galley module, as well as a pass-through into the cabin (provides fantastic ventilation as well as a servery for hot chocolate!).

Brass accents add to the retro feel alongside analogue Voltmeter and Ammeter dials, as well as a hydrometer and barometer in the galley.

I constructed the camper in my driveway under a tent – and got to meet every jogger and dogwalker in the neighbourhood over the 12 month build! Credit to John Harris and the CLC team for a brilliant camper concept in teardrop style – perfect for our camping and hunting trips…

RowingBoatmanSteve
    Participant

RowingBoatmanSteve
    Participant

…added small drawers and brass struts with an antique map in the roof of the hatch…

RowingBoatmanSteve
    Participant

RowingBoatmanSteve
    Participant

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 112 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.