Stained CLC Camper Build Progress

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Stained CLC Camper Build Progress

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Volund
    Participant

Love the progress- A couple questions if you don’t mind taking the time.

– Now that you’ve had a couple months with the non-factory hinges, are you still happy with them? I love the look of the stainless steel vs the chunky wood kit hinges and would definitely consider going that route if they’re working well for you.
    – With your passthroughs from the cabin to the galley, am I right in thinking you reinforced the cutouts with the boxes (they look filleted to the bulkhead?). I’m assuming there would be too much flex in the bulkhead panel with the gas struts and no additional reinforcement with that much material removed?

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

Thanks Volund. I would be happy to answer any questions. The stainless steel hinges on the side doors work very well, I highly recommend them. The hinges for the hatch requiring the custom hinge blocks were a bit of a nightmare to engineer, but they work like a charm.

The cutouts on the bulkhead did not seem to weaken the structure but the cabinet units are indeed epoxied in place (both to the bulkhead and galley floor structure). The cabinets, cabin shelf, and galley floor add additional strength to the bulkhead as well. None of the cutouts on the bulkhead went higher up than the gas spring mounting points so I haven’t noticed any flexing. I’ve also upgraded both gas springs to 30lb versions with no problems.

canadianhoser
    Participant

Can you share where you got your cam locks for the galley hatch?

Sabonnar
    Participant

Hey, thanks for posting such great photos and notes of your build! What did you use for the interior insulation? It looks great.

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

The interior is 3/4inch closed cell foam covered with foam backed automotive headliner. I used 3M 90 spray adhesive to secure the headliner to the closed cell foam and velcro to secure each panel to the cameper shell. Most of the pieces are held in well with friction but the velcro allows me to remove the panels for cleaning.

ssnspoon
    Participant

@artisticAdam

where did you get the cam locks for the galley

ArtisticAdam
    Participant

Cam locks were sourced from Mcmaster Carr i believe. https://www.mcmaster.com/locks/cam-locks-and-latches/keyed-cam-locks-12/

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.