Reply To: roundover on the bottom of the TD

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum roundover on the bottom of the TD Reply To: roundover on the bottom of the TD

stevie
Participant

I used 3/8″ too. Also did the butt block roundover prior to gluing to TD bottom.

Whenever my build was at a standstill – waiting for epoxy to cure, bad weather, etc, I scanned ahead in the manual. If something could be assembled, sanded, glued, or varnished beforehand, it often saved a beau coup of time at a later date.

Not really related… I had more Cell-O-Fill than wood flour and subsequently ran out of the latter. I successfully used wheat-flour as a substitute. It was a bit darker than the supplied wood flour, but you could use a bit of Cell-O-Fill to lighten the epoxy mix.

I experimented with ashes from my woodstove too, and it turned the epoxy mix almost black. The only location I used it was the filling gap above the eyebrow (p. 250-251). It provided a subtle “racing stripe”. I recall that CLC used pinstriping on this location. In retrospect, I wish I’d added copper powder instead of ashes for effect. I suppose one could use many colored powders instead, though test for compatibility beforehand.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by stevie.
  • This reply was modified 6 years, 10 months ago by stevie.