Reply To: spring/fall camping: keeping warm OUTSIDE the teardrop

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum spring/fall camping: keeping warm OUTSIDE the teardrop Reply To: spring/fall camping: keeping warm OUTSIDE the teardrop

tbellenger
Participant

Yes to this post. We just completed our first 1000 mile trip from SF to Southern Oregon and back.

1. Using the kitchen in the cold is fine – you’re moving about etc. Finding a warm place to eat/drink your food once it’s cooked is the problem. Inside the camper and you risk getting the place dirty with food. Outside and you’re sitting still in the cold.

2. A place to keep shoes – like a little drawer underneath each door – would be good. You can’t bring muddy shoes inside but you can’t leave them outside to get covered with dew either. Has anyone come up with a cool little drawer, deep enough for boots, that fits under the door?

3. The gap between the top of the hatch lid and the roof of the camper, when the hatch is open, is slightly too much so unless I wipe the hatch lid down in the morning before opening it I get dew running down the camper/kitchen bulkhead. Clean up is hard because of the false wall in the galley. I don’t know how to fix this one but it’s really only a cold weather problem and living in SF I hopefully won’t have to deal with it most of the time.