Reply To: Glassing the shell and my OK, not perfect results

Welcome to TeardropForum.com Forums Teardrop Builders’ Forum Glassing the shell and my OK, not perfect results Reply To: Glassing the shell and my OK, not perfect results

comccoy
Participant

Off topic slightly but I think anyone who can build one of these can easily add power to their garage if you have place for a breaker or 2. That project is on my list as in our townhouse they ran one 15 amp circuit to power the garage door opener, the ONE 2 receptacle outlet by the door to the main house, and 2 light sockets. With the deep freeze plugged and some shop lights rigged in to the sockets we have been running extension cords from inside the house to have the power tools and the vac running simultaneously.

You can easily wire and pop 1 or 2 breakers in a modern box, run some wire to a few boxes. If you don’t have drywall up you can staple the wires in place. In our case we do have drywall so I plan to run it all through cheap and easy PVC conduit. I plan to run 2 circuits, one for my workbench area with 4 receptacles and one on the other side where the Teardrop will be parked for battery charging etc. There are a bunch of videos on YouTube that show you all the steps. I like this one for the breaker box work but I would turn the main power to the panel OFF as I know how clumsy I could be with that panel cover off:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZZt3OUVik