As autumn rapidly advances I have even more desire to be outdoors as much as possible. My work space is in the garage but I wanted a way to easily move the camper shell around for better access. Working in the sun is just so much nicer. I hit on adding some wheels salvaged from a high-wheel lawn mower. They attach to two support arms cantilevered forward from the longitudinals. Lifting the camper frame up from the rear about a foot or so brings the entire frame off of the ground and allows you to move it around kind-of wheelbarrow style. This was a great work around for me so I thought I’d share the idea. I’ve since moved the camper onto a temporary roller cart as the camper is now flipped over and I’ve just finished the interior fillets on the floor junction. I built the roller cart from a “found” loading/shipping pallet. It also has worked very well and will bring the camper up off of the ground by 14″ or so for easier access when glassing the exterior.
Here’s a pic of the roller cart. It ‘aint pretty but it gets the job done.
The “wheel chocks” have holes just a bit smaller than the caster wheel diam. (I used a 1-3/4″ forstner bit.) This works great. (Those cam locks on the wheel axle never seem to work well.) The cart is easily raised one end at a time by sliding in a scrap piece of lumber under the loading pallet and leveraging up against the ground “fulcruming” off of the edge of the pallet. Hope this might help. Happy Building!