Width of floor mounts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    srunyon12
    Participant

Im thinking of using a trailer that is basicly a box with a tailgate, the size of the box is 3.5′ by 6′

this would set the camper a ways above the fenders. What would be the minimum  width and length of the supports under the floor. if that makes sense.

is there a drawing of where the mounting points are. ? how far apart ect..

thanks

Steve

faithie999
    Participant

not sure I understand the question.  a sketch or picture would help.

srunyon12
    Participant

after looking at more videos i think I figured out you can pretty much mount it where you want.

I thought there were pre set holes in the floor where it gets mounted to the trailer.

abrightwell
    Participant

Well, there ARE pre-drilled holes. Those are meant for aligning the ‘bunks’ that are provided with the kit. If you intend to mount to a trailer that is narrower than the camper itself, then you ‘might’ need to use them. Essentially, the ‘bunks’ are longitudinal rails, made out of 18mm plywood, that are used to elevate the shell about 3″ above the mount point (in most cases, that’s the wheel wells). My impression is that they were meant for mounting to a smaller ‘harbor freight’ style trailer.  For most other trailers, you’ll be doing a ‘drill-fill-drill’ where it makes the most sense for your case.  Hope this helps.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by abrightwell.
    rovineye
    Participant

I filled the existing holes and drilled new ones to match my trailer bunks.

My floor sits just barely above the wheels. Any higher and the galley flat could be too high for some.

srunyon12
    Participant

thanks,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.