Lantern hook

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Has anyone put a hook in their ceiling and hung a camping lantern from it?</p>
    I’m trying to keep my build around 5k so I figured I’ll skip electricity now and maybe wire it up in the future if I feel I want it, seems to me I can do most of what I need with a lantern and a camping stove anyhow

Daniel
    Participant

1. The roof hatch/vent reinforcement bezel is thick enough to support the weight of a regular camping lanter.

2. I suggest to install the electric system now, during construction, because it is easier than to retrofit.

3. For my build, I installed my own electric system (not the CLC kit) under the liner, and all in all, my camper cost under $4k

rsbrownmd
    Participant

I purposely chose not to install an electrical system. A couple lanterns, a Coleman stove and a Jackery battery with a solar panel charger meet all my camping needs. I put up a couple magnetic hooks in the small round area next to the doors to hang a lantern on each side. A $10 book light is also nice to have at bedtime. If you send me your email address I will be glad to send you some pictures.

elskenR
    Participant

I like the simple solutions…could you send me some pics of how you manage your lighting? Thanks,  B

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.