Interior Door Sills.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JohnMessinger
    Participant

On page 224 of the manual is depicted the interior door sills with a lobe projecting forward and about a 2.5 inch diameter hole milled into it.  It seems to me that the hole in the sill, should line up with the upper door hinge alignment holes in the camper side.  But in my camper they only line up with the lower hinge hole.  I really don’t think I did anything incorrectly, and I cannot find any function for these sill holes as I peruse the manual.

Am I missing something, or are these holes in the door sill there, just because they look pretty cool.

friz
    Participant

From pictures I have seen. I believe those are for lights. I would like to know which ones fit those holes for reference.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by friz.
    JohnMessinger
    Participant

That makes sense.  Thank you.

Eric
    Participant

Yeah, I finally figured out that the holes could be for lights; after I made overhead provision for Hella dome lights (glued in 12mm okoume discs with grooves routed for wires). They look like stretched out pierced ears to me.  I can say that they have nothing to do with the hinges, though they certainly strengthen the shell at the upper door hinge –  a very good thing if someone hangs on the door. I can say that CLC’s lights are mounted on the bulkhead, not in the door sill.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.